The last two months have been a whirlwind of ups and downs. One moment we’re hopeful and ready for our long planned photography sessions and the next we’re binge watching Netflix while stress eating because everything has changed once again. (It wasn’t just me, right?)
Currently it looks like we’ll start heading back into the world on May 29th. ArtCafe Photography plans to reopen our business on Monday, June 1st, unless the current stay-at-home order is extended. We’ve put a variety of safety policies into place that follow the official Phase 1 reopening guidelines for the state of Virginia.
What We Are Doing
The well being of both your family and our family is our top priority. We will be implementing new measures to ensure maximum care and safety for all parties attending photo sessions.
- • All props and fabrics will be sanitized with a non-chemical, EPA approved disinfectant. This will be done in addition to our regular cleaning.
- • No shoes will be allowed upon studio entry, please leave them at the door.
- • Hand sanitizer will be given to you upon entry into the studio.
- • We will be wearing face masks during all appointments.
- • We will maintain at least 6-feet distance between us at all times.
- • All seating areas and studio usage will be sanitized after every appointment.
- • Only immediate family members are allowed in the studio until further notice.
- • We will not schedule more than one appointment per day.
- • We will keep appointments, including sessions, as short as possible.
- • Professional hair and makeup will not be provided during Phase 1 to limit the number of people in the studio and maintain physical distancing.
- • Outdoor sessions will be available if they make you feel more comfortable.
What We Are Asking From You
Please consider the following steps to ensure your own well-being as well as ours:
- • Please arrive in a face mask or any face covering material.
- • Please use the provided soap, water and hand sanitizer once you arrive at the studio.
- • We will ask you to help with posing and grooming your child throughout the session to ensure physical distancing.
- • If you’ve been in contact with anyone other than your immediate family, please disclose this information with us prior to your appointment.
- • Please cancel your appointment within 24 hrs if you or your child are experiencing any of these symptoms: Fever, cough, chills, muscle pains, sore throat, dizziness, difficulty breathing, new lack of taste/smell, fatigue (not from lack of sleep) or any other signs of illness.
We will first be serving clients who had to reschedule their sessions due to our temporary studio closure, with 24 hrs between each session to allow for cleaning and disinfecting. The reopening timeline will be dependent on state regulations and all policies and scheduling is subject to change.
Further details will be discussed with each individual family before their appointment. We can’t wait to see all of you again in person but want to ensure that everyone is safe and healthy enough to come to the studio to take gorgeous photos with their family. Stay safe!